Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spring fashion trends

I was looking at trends for spring 2012 on Elle's website, and I can tell you now I won't be dressing trendy this spring!

One is the Drop Waist, as shown in this outfit (ChloĆ©).  She just looks like a rectangle!  Granted, high fashion models typically don't have a curvy figure anyways, but even if they did, the drop waist would hide them.


Another trend I find profoundly ugly is Abstract Art, like this outfit (Proenza Schouler).  I don't like real abstract art because I feel like they're not showing me anything.  If an elephant can paint it, you're not that talented.  Anyways, with this particular dress, this is what I think:  the 70s called...even they don't want their fugly curtains back!  I do, however, think the trend could be ok in [extreme] moderation.

Ok, now to something I liked:  Baroque Flourishes (this one is Andrew Gn).  It's classic and sophisticated.  I think it would be better if the color was a little more vibrant (maybe a little more gold and/or shimmer).

Another trend I thought was kinda cool was Digital Imaging.  I didn't like all of them, but the idea is new and interesting!  I especially liked this dress (Dries Van Noten).  It has really nice details without being overly busy.  Plus, I really like the cut, particularly the sleeves.

What do you think about the trends?

2 comments:

  1. I hate the colorblocking and geometric shapes on the runway, along with the camo and pajama trends. Loving the comeback of polka dots, although, I can't say they were ever out of style to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed--I love polka dots! (...which you may already know, considering my blog background, lol.)

    ReplyDelete