Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nail polish!

I've been SO busy, but I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!  :)

As I've mentioned before, I'm obsessed with nail polish, and I paint my nails once a week on average.  I'm also really, REALLY bad at painting in the lines--I always end up painting all my cuticles!  So, I bought Sephora's nail polish correcter pen (which was only $6), but I'm so disappointed with it.  It was wet with remover for a minute, but there's no pump or anything to release more liquid.  Plus, once there's the slightest bit of polish on it, that part of the tip is useless.  I soaked it in remover (a solution that the reviewers on Sephora.com suggested), but that didn't do much.


Base/Top Coats
I've been using Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat (~$5), and it works pretty well.  But I'm almost out, so I decided to try Sephora by OPI's 3-in-1 Base, Top, & Strengthener ($14).  I like it so far!  It dries quickly, and it's protected my color through a few dish-washings and a lot of hand-washing.

Sephora by OPI colors
Overall, this is a good line of nail products, but I do have some observations and  tips for ordering online.
-Glitter/shimmer shades don't seem to last as long as the ones without shimmer.  Does anyone else experience this?
-The color they show is often misleading (this is especially true for any colors with glitter or shimmer).  I bought the shade Go With the Flow-er, expecting this:

But this is what it really looks like:
It's a pretty color, but when I pay $9.50 for a bottle of nail polish, I want it to be what they advertised, ya know?

However, I have found a solution!  If you go to their interactive tool that let's you try on colors virtually, the color on the virtual nails are still inaccurate, but the bottle it shows is much more indicative of the actual color.  (This is still the same color, Go With The Flow-er.)

You can also do a Google search to see pictures of the color you're interested in.  If you look at a few different ones, you can usually get a good idea of the real color.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Sephora had a virtual nail polish app..thing! that's so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't trust it, lol. But otherwise, I agree--it's kind of extremely cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that Sephora corrector pen too. You're right about after getting color on it, it's useless. The tip on mine also started fraying and became like a brush.

    ReplyDelete