Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More nail polish? Yes, please!

Since I'm both a mark. rep and in love with nail polish, I have to try all of mark.'s nail polish, naturally!  This set of 2 was actually this year's holiday set, but I only bought it when it came to Last Chance.  I used the red one (Sure Fire) on all my nails, then I used the pewter one (Meltdown) at the base of my thumbnails.  Both colors are rich, shimmery, and really pretty!

In order to do the half-moon accent, I used a curved french manicure guide (came with my Sally Hansen french manicure kit) by placing it towards the base of the nail.  Then, I just painted 2 coats of Meltdown, waited a long time, and peeled it off.  Then, I used more top coat because the new layer of polish was raised, and the top coat helped to blend in the relief difference.









Next is my Julep Maven order (I'm a new Maven!).  I got the American Beauty Oscar colors (red=Glenn, and gold glitter=Oscar).  I just painted my nails, so I had to move to my toenails!

I used the same method for the gold accent as with my finger nails:  I just placed a guide and filled in the space I wanted gold.

*Tip for using guides or tape on already painted nails:  it takes a LONG time for it to be dry/hard enough so that you won't ruin it by putting something sticky on it.  I usually wait until at least a day later because if not I always mess it up.


The kit also came with a rollerball cuticle oil, which I'm really excited about because 1) winter is making my cuticles a mess and 2) it's a rollerball, so no messy oil!

Finally, Julep sent a piece of chocolate in the shape of an Oscar trophy.  At first I thought the chocolate was kind of strange (coming from a nail products company), but it was a nice touch to the Oscars theme.  Plus, I never turn down chocolate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment