Wednesday, December 28, 2011

my weight loss

I've been overweight my whole life.  For the past few years, I've even been technically obese (according to the BMI chart, although no one would call me obese by looking at me, but whatever).  Anyways, I've recently lost 30 pounds, and I'm planning to lose another ~30 pounds.  I wanted to talk about how I did it.

I used three main things:

  1. Perfect Diet Tracker app (I have it on my Macbook, but I think it's also available for iPhone, iPad, etc.).  It cost $30, but it's so worth it.  It allows you to keep track of all your food intake and exercise, and it helps you set goals.  It has a huge database of food and exercise, and if you eat something that's not in the list, you can add it.
  2. Exercise (I do synchronized swimming, and otherwise I prefer dance-type things, like Zumba).  A program I've done is Flirty Girl Fitness, which teaches fun, somewhat sexy, dance moves.  Definitely has good workouts!
  3. Adipex (prescription stimulant medication).  My doctor gave me Adipex to jump start my metabolism, give me the energy to be more active, and suppress my appetite.  It works really well, but it becomes ineffective after 6-8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment