Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm back! Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

The end of my senior year was so hectic with papers, tests, senior stuff, graduation, moving, etc. that I've been off the blog scene for a while, but I'm back and ready to go!

I received the Spring Beauty Vox Box from Influenster, which included Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in Kitty, Kitty (leopard print).  I'd never used these before, but I have to say I was impressed!  I was preparing to go on vacation for a week, and while I wanted to have painted nails, I didn't want to have to worry about touch-ups.

It took a long time to prepare my nails (pushing back my cuticles with the included stick and filing and buffing my nails with the included 3-way file).  Applying the actual strips was a little tricky at first since I didn't really know what I was doing, but once I got the hang of it, it went smoothly.  I absolutely LOVE that there's no drying time because that's the most frustrating part of painting my nails:  I always get impatient and end up messing them up.  Also, I usually end up painting a good bit of my finger, but this was also not an issue with the polish strips.  Even though the instructions claimed that no top coat was necessary, I did it anyways.  I wore the polish for 10 days before removing, but it would have looked good for a few more days (but it had begun chipping around 9-10 days, so I figured it was time).  Removing was the worst part of the polish strips; it took at least 2 acetone remover-soaked cotton balls per nail, and it took a really long time.  Part of this difficulty may have been a result of the top coat, but a large part was the polish itself.  This negative aspect would not prevent future use, however.

The manicure was long-lasting and resilient, mess-free, and easy to use.  Plus, I got a ton of compliments! Overall, I was very impressed with this product, and I would definitely use it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment