Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tale of two eye products

So, I'm a synchronized swimmer, and aesthetics are a big part of synchronized swimming, meaning 1) we wear makeup in the water and 2) no goggles allowed.

1)  The makeup issue:  NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base
Cream blush, lipstick, and waterproof eyeliner and mascara work fine, but eyeshadow is the problem since we only have powder shadow in our makeup stash.  But the NARS primer kept it on, even after swimming 4 routines.  I'm very impressed!  (Excuse my demonic eyes--that issue is next!)


2)  The no-goggles issue:  CVS version of Refresh Optive Lubricant Eye Drops
As you can see from the left picture above, my eyes are extremely irritated.  They start hurting during the show and continue to hurt like hell for several hours afterwards.  But I bought these eye drops yesterday, and I used them before, during, and after the show.  There was still a great deal of pain, but it subsided MUCH more quickly, and after only an hour, the redness had cleared up!


No comments:

Post a Comment